Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

Each year on the fourth Thursday in November, many Americans will gather to eat, watch football, and be with their families. While today’s Thanksgiving celebrations would likely be unrecognizable to attendees of the original 1621 harvest meal. The pilgrims are the ones acknowledge founders of the feast. These people would give thanks to the creator’s gift so it was already a big part of their life. Giving thanks was, and still is, the primary reason for ceremonies and celebrations. Thanksgiving Day is a day of joy love, and mutual support. It’s a day where all your family can come together as one and enjoy each other’s company. It’s a day to give thanks and to remember all the good in the world. You watch football with your family and friends, you eat, and you celebrate.

Reflection: I honestly think that it is nice that we have such a day. I like spending time with my family members and especially those that I have not seen in months, or maybe even years.

I am Thankful for…
1      My family
2     My friends  
 3.    My home
4      The happiness I have
5     Waking up this morning
6      Having a nice meal
7      My cousins
8      My siblings
9     My pet
10   My education
11  My rights
12    My life

No comments:

Post a Comment